The Voice of the Martyrs is a non-profit, inter-denominational Christian organization dedicated to assisting the persecuted church worldwide. VOM was founded in 1967 by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, who was imprisoned 14 years in Communist Romania for his faith in Christ. His wife, Sabina, was imprisoned for three years. In the 1960s, Richard, Sabina, and their son, Mihai, were ransomed out of Romania and came to the United States. Through their travels, the Wurmbrands spread the message of the atrocities that Christians face in restricted nations, while establishing a network of offices dedicated to assisting the persecuted church. The Voice of the Martyrs continues in this mission around the world today through the following main purposes:
Our ministry is based on Hebrews 13:3:
Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
VOM’s Five Main Purposes
- To encourage and empower Christians to fulfill the Great Commission in areas of the world where they are persecuted for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To provide practical relief and spiritual support to the families of Christian martyrs.
- To equip persecuted Christians to love and win to Christ those who are opposed to the gospel in their part of the world.
- To undertake projects of encouragement, helping believers rebuild their lives and Christian witness in countries where they have formerly suffered oppression.
- To promote the fellowship of all believers by informing the world of the faith and courage of persecuted Christians, thereby inspiring believers to a deeper level of commitment to Christ and involvement in His Great Commission.
VOM’s Mission Statement
“Serving the persecuted church through practical and spiritual assistance while leading Christians in the free world into fellowship with them.”
VOM Prayer Calendar App
Christians around the world all share one request: "Please pray for us!" This app will update each day with a new prayer request for hostile and restricted nations around the world.
*365 days of prayer requests
*Daily prayer alert alarm
*Restricted and hostile nation information
*Persecution news and information
*Prayer sharing via Facebook, Twitter*, and email
*Twitter functionality is experiencing errors in this version. An update is planned to address this issue.
Note: Due to this app featuring an "alarm" option, the "Move to SD Card" feature is not available.