WHAT IS SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY?
Any study that seeks to answer the question, “What does the whole Bible teach us today about any given topic?” in an attempt to summarize the teaching of Scripture in a brief, understandable, and very carefully formulated statement.
Knowledge about God which attempts to collect and understand relevant passages in the Bible on various topics and then summarize their teachings clearly helping us to know what the Bible teaches on a particular topic. The structure is often arranged around major topics or categories of ideas which theologians have agreed upon over the centuries (e.g., Bibliology, Christology, Pneumatology, Ecclesialogy, Soteriology, etc.).
Our Abide Conferences will divide systematic theology into nine major sections loosely based on Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology. We will divide these into two Abide Conferences:
BASIC CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE: PART 1 (JULY 26, 2015)
1. Bibliology (Doctrine of the Word of God)
2. Theology Proper (Doctrine of God)
3. Anthropology (Doctrine of Man)
BASIC CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE: PART 2 (OCTOBER 25, 2015)
4. Christology (Doctrine of Christ)
5. Pneumatology (Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)
6. Soteriology (Doctrine of Salvation)
7. Ecclesiology (Doctrine of the Church)
8. Eschatology (Doctrine of the Future)
Check out our other Abide Conferences as well.