Preacher: Daniel Wilson
- What areas of your life need more thanksgiving instead of foolish, cynical, or foul speech? How will you put on thanksgiving this week?
- What is one area that you find yourself tempted to think like the world?
- Are you a light that just complains to other lights about the darkness? Think of the dark areas you need to expose around you. How will you do it in the right spirit?
- Do you ever just announce bad news and leave out the good news
- Ask your kids about how God feels about sin.
- Ask them if they should laugh at their brother or sister when they get into trouble.
- Talk to your children about what kind of light you are trying to be (illuminating, not irritating). Exposing darkness should bring light and life to others and keep them from stumbling more.
- Talk to your children about the two requirements for walking in love: horizontal sacrifice and vertical motivation. Tell them how you are trying to sacrifice for others but doing it for God’s glory, not yours.
- Pray that God would make you feel the same way he does about sin.
Prayer Guide for June 16–22
Day 1 – Pray for Daniel. Pray for spiritual strength and opportunities to connect with people in the Bardstown community.
Day 2 – Pray for our church to build a good relationship with the staff at Thomas Nelson High School. Also, pray for a smooth transition and for us to not get distracted.
Day 3 – Pray for unity of the Spirit and the bond of peace.
Day 4 – Pray for the Li, Ha of China. Pray the Ha Li people will be set free from fear of spiritual forces, and will learn of the God who not only created them, but loves them to the extent of dying for them. "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations." Luke 24:46-47
Day 5 – Pray for the Lord to provide for the launch budget.
Day 6 – Pray for the leadership at Crossing Church Louisville and for the families from Parkway that may be joining us soon. Pray the Lord will give them wisdom as to where He is calling them.
Day 7 – Pray for Somalia. Praise God that,despite the pressures, He has preserved a Christian witness in Somalia. For the very few, often isolated believers. Ask God to provide ways for them to mature in Christ . That Christians would have more freedom to worship Jesus.