Wisdom of God vs. wisdom of the world
- The wisdom of this world says, “Look out for #1,”
- The wisdom of God says, “Consider others as more important than yourself.” (Phil.2:3-4)
- The wisdom of this world says, “Do what what feels good,”
- The wisdom of God says, “Do what God says.”
- The wisdom of this world says, “Speak your mind”
- The wisdom of God says, “Hold your tongue, speak only what edifies.” (Eph. 5:4)
- Prov 29:11 “A fool gives full vent to his spirit.”
- Prov. 29:20. “Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”
- Prov. 18.2 “A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.”
- Prov. 18.7 “A fool’s lips walk into a fight, and his mouth invites a beating.”
- The wisdom of the world: “follow your heart”
- The wisdom of God: “whoever trusts in his own heart is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.” (Prov. 28:26)
Two ways to walk in wisdom:
1. Own your time
- Be preoccupied with God’s will
- Avoid time-wasters and practices that numb Spirit- filled zeal (e.g. drunkenness).
2. Live in thankfulness with the church
- singing together
- giving thanks always and for everything
- Why is it important to know that the days are evil when we are told to redeem our time?
- What is one thing you will say “no” to this week so you can own your time for the kingdom?
- Ask your spouse/friend to hold you accountable in how you’ve devoted your time.
- Look over the differences between the wisdom of this world and the wisdom of God. What is
- one area that I frequently believe the wisdom of this world over the wisdom of God?
- Look over the contrasts between godly wisdom and worldly wisdom. Read the verses and talk about the difference with the family.
- Talk with your family about the importance of meeting with God through prayer and Bible reading.
- What kinds of things make us forget about how important God’s word is? What activities can make us numb to God’s kingdom?
- Talk with your family about how important it is that we gather to worship with God’s people every week.
- Talk with your family about how it is possible to give thanks always and for everything.
- Why should we give thanks even for the things that are difficult and painful?
Prayer Guide for June 23–29
- Day 1 – Pray the we remain focused on Christ in the midst of the logistical planning in preparing for our launch.Pray we trust in God's provision for our needs.
- Day 2 – Pray for the families of Parkway. Pray that God will grant them clarity in their decision to join our church.
- Day 3 – Pray for the church in Syria and Iraq. Pray for courage and perseverance as they are being exiled from their homes.
- Day 4 – Pray for Daniel and his ministry. Pray for effectiveness and a fruitful ministry. Ephesians 4:11-14.
- Day 5 – Pray for rest and strength for our group. Pray for protection from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3.
- Day 6 – Pray for God to begin a work in the hearts of the people of Cox's Creek.
- Day 7 – Pray for the Tanti, Hindu of Nepal. Pray for each Tanti individual to soon hear the Gospel message in their own tongue, and in an accurate and understandable manner. Pray the Lord prepares them to understand and believe.
"Now it will come about that In the last days, The mountain of the house of the Lord will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it." Isaiah 2:2