The prayer of a pastor/planter for his church
“Peace is destroyed when differences are inflated.”
Peace comes from:
Love with faith
Love is a gift.
Love with faith says, “I can extend myself sacrificially because I trust God”
God gives favor to those who love his Son.
God gives love to those who have none.
- Think of circumstances that regularly steal your peace. Pray for right belief during those circumstances.
- In what areas does your love have limits? Where do you have trouble loving with faith?
- Meditate on the fact that God gives you favor for loving his Son and love for his Son to get favor.
- Talk with your family about times when you've lost perspective and lost your peace.
- Teach your kids about what it means to love with faith. To love with faith means to love in a way that trusts what God says is true. example: it's more blessed to give than receive.
- Talk as a family about how grace is favor that is not deserved. Grace is also not earned.
- Pray with your family for Crossing Church, that we would have peace, love with faith, and grace.