1. He predestined you for adoption, (1:5-6)
to show his glorious grace
2. He made you alive when you were dead, (2:1-6)
to show the riches of his grace in kindness (2:7)
3. He made you a church, (2:14-16)
to show his manifold wisdom (3:10)
Who they are:
“Glory dwarfs fear as a motivator”
The trifecta of glory: Praise, Salvation, Growth
This is how we live for the glory of God. There are too many people not praising Him. He deserves their every breath.
- Try and meditate on God's adoption of you. Dwell on the truth that he did this to show his grace.
- How does the statement "Glory dwarfs fear as a motivator" help you think about evangelism?
- Pray that God would make you more interested in his glory than your own.
- Think about the trifecta of glory (praise, salvation, growth) that is displayed in evangelism.
- Talk with your family about why God created us.
- Read Ephesians 1:5-6, 2:1-7, 2:11-16, 3:8-10 with your family.
- What do these passages tell us about why God saves people?
- Talk to your kids about how your family can intentionally get to know other people so you can share Jesus with them.
- Talk with your family about the opportunities we all have to be part of bringing God glory.