Reason for existence: Glory of God
Isaiah 43:6-7, Romans 11:36, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Glory: “the infinite worth of God, gone public.”
Ok, but how?
Bear much fruit
Proving to be disciples
Ok, but why?
“My joy may be in you and your joy may be full!”
“A call to bear fruit is a call to focus on the vine.”
Glory brings delight; delight brings glory
- When you recognize you need to grow in a certain area, do you seek to abide in the vine or just obsess over the fruit?
- What next steps do you need to take to become more fruitful? How does your life bring glory to God right now?
- Meditate on the promise Jesus makes that if you are bearing fruit his joy will remain in you and your joy will be full.
- Think this week about the specific fruit you would like to grow in your life.
- Talk with your family about why God created us.
- Explain to your children the metaphor of a vine and branches in John 15. Teach them that fruitful branches are those who are connected to the vine.
- Talk with your family about how delight is connected to glory.
- Talk about ways your family can be more fruitful. Who can your family invite to church? How can you be used to bring glory to God?